20 December 2011

20 December 2011 is a day to remember. Sean passed away today in the morning. He had been with us in the past 9 years. Shared many moments with us, went through many big events in my life. He followed us from one house to another,when we moved 2 times in the past 9 years.
Last Wednesday was the last time I saw him in health before I left home to work and away for training for 2 days. When I got back from training, I did not realize that he is sick until my sister told me. I was too upset with my work and hiding in my own world.
We brought him to vet and he did not want to move nor walk. I carried him into the car. He was so heavy. Then he looked fine, walked a little while in the clinic. The next day when I came back from the language course, he was sent to ward. Visited him on Sunday. He looked at me sadly in the cage. Called him many times, but he did not response nor moved closer to us. Yesterday, I was too occupied with work and totally forgot him. Never thought he is going to leave us. Thought that he was just having some microbes infection. Just like last time, he would recover soon and we would get him back home healthily. Today, I was told he is dead.
Then I realized time passed. 9 years. I was 21 when I first saw him. In front of my house, stood at the gate and this beautiful fella barked at me. Brought him to dogathon and parks. He was so friendly and many people especially children loved him. He enjoyed sun bath. When it was windy, he sat under the sun and enjoyed the wind. He did not like motorbike and insects. He did not like strangers especially guys. He ran around the house, chasing cats and barked at my male neighbor. He barked at a bug. He loved to take a car ride. We jogged and walked together at the park. He accidentally bite me when I played with him. He was so afraid of thunder, cried and wanted to come into the living room. He always wanted to get close with us. He would find the spot which was closest to us and sit there.
Life is short for us and life for a dog is shorter. I couldn't believe he has gone. The regret is that I was not able to give him a last hug and accompany him in his last moment. He died alone in the ward.
I will always remember you. You were there when I was having the toughest moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Time Traveler's Wife~Book Discussion

Thoughts @ ICAAP

用一杯咖啡的时间 (spend some time drinking coffee with me)