bukit tabur

1st May 2010 - Woke up early at 4.10am. Got a bottle of water, face towel and a pair of socks. Tipped down stairs and brought out my pair of sport shoes. Today was the day to "Bukit" Tabur, which I called it Bukit Melawati... yes, I thought it is a Bukit.

Drove with my friend to Giant Melawati and met with some friends and then our hiking leader. Surprised to find out that many of his friends would be joining us. Arrived at the kaki of Bukit, the sky was still dark. Only few cars were there and we began our journey.

Oh gosh, the bukit is not a bukit. It is a Gunung~ mountain!!!! Just done with quarter of quarter of the journey, I surrendered. This is the result of working too hard at work, but not at gunung!! Ms. Sok, you cheat us!! She asked us to join the outing, but.... did not tell us it is very challenging (esp. for those who do not work out usually). Moreover, she was late!!!! Ms. Sok, we all agree you will get it back from us in future (lol).
Then, my friends and I took a rest and others continued their journey. Although we were bitten by mosquitoes, none of us was willing to move a step (sorry to my two other friends - they couldn't get to see the sun rise)

Finally, Ms. Sok showed up with her FRIEND. Oh, I told you ma it's gunung!!! She said and continued the journey with her friend. We were still resting. Feed the mosquitoes with our fresh blood.

After half hour, we slowly climbed up and reached a platform where we could see the lake and mountain. The sky changed from black into purple, and then orange. The breeze blow. So refreshing and serene. I think the highest peak must be astonishing. I will have many !!!! marks if I really make it to the peak.

After enjoying the beauty of nature, we moved a little bit higher. Everything looks so small now. We tried to look for the further route to the highest peak. However, there was only a slander path which only allows us to climb like a spiderman. Without any assistance, we did not dare to try. (If the leader and others were still around, we could make it). So, we made our way back to our car.

Although it was just a short trip, I felt incredibly good. Wait for me, Bukit Tabur!! I will be at your highest peak some time in near future!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Time Traveler's Wife~Book Discussion

Thoughts @ ICAAP

用一杯咖啡的时间 (spend some time drinking coffee with me)