A Reply to An Article

I read your article recently. You talked about the limitation of openness, mainly pointed to the news on the marriage of a Mak Nyah to a guy in British. You made such an irresponsible comment on the news without telling people the overall picture of various issues that haunted Mak Nyah.

You are forced to stigmatize them (even you don't want to) because they had contributed to the sex industries. But, you did not talk about on how some of us do not treat them equally.

Yes, religion says that every 2 become 1 is to produce offspring. You said they failed to fulfill the "rules" set by God. However, we as human, do not have the right to interpret the God says and condemn another human. We cannot act like a God to judge whether the man (in this case, Mak Nyah) is doing right or wrong. Just because you think that they failed to fulfill the "rules", does that mean Mak Nyah do not deserve a life which loves by God and people? All religion teach us to love and accept. Why are we not loving and accepting them?

You said it is unfair on blaming God for making them a woman trapped in a man's body because human are given the cognitive ability to differentiate good and bad (which I believe Mak Nyah did not blame God, they just express what they feel in words for us the "normal people" to understand). Yes, if you believe in God (and I try to believe there is God, if there is) God creates human, Mak Nyah are the creation of God too including their feeling and behaviours. God is a perfectionist (or creator is a perfectionist, I believe so as I see it in our body systems and brain structures - from every angle of science) who makes each of us special and unique in many different ways and thoughts. Why can't we accept the diversify of human beings?


You also said that from the health perspectives, one of the routes of HIV transmission that causes AIDS is the relationship like this (Men to Men). Oh, I'm sorry dear. Did you read and think properly? From the health perspectives, all the routes of HIV transmission are related to human behaviours. It's not who we are, but what we do. I can identify myself as heterosexual, and have sex without protection (or have sex with many guys without protection) - would I immune to the HIV infection because I'm a heterosexual? (Please don't tell me - why can't you be faithful to one? Again, you are using your moral values to impose on me. Now, it is my attitude problem......) I'm a Mak Nyah, and I have only one sex partner which is my Husband, I live healthily and I pray and practice religiously, I use condom as protection - would I definitely get infected with HIV?

Last, my friend asked me not to be angry with you, as it is one of the beauties of diversity in thoughts.  
 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Time Traveler's Wife~Book Discussion

Thoughts @ ICAAP

用一杯咖啡的时间 (spend some time drinking coffee with me)