HongKong。香港

Where should I start about Hong Kong? When I was with my colleague from Hong Kong, I felt they were really polite and soft spoken. Few days later, after finishing work, I hang out with my friend at Kowloon and TST. Here I realized some people spoke a lot of XXX in their chat. Perhaps, that is a different face of Hong Kong.

At first I thought the MTR is not so busy. But today, I almost couldn't get in one at TST. It was very crowded.

When I got into one of the local cafe (茶餐厅), I think it would be rude for us not to order as soon as we sit down. Obviously, the waiter and waitress were quite considerable. They gave us ample time to read the menu. But many times I was took as Chinese from China who mainly speak Mandarin. They were surprised to find out that I spoke Cantonese quite well. Thanks to TVB series!

This morning I was in this local cafe having my breakfast - 菠萝油、通心粉和奶茶. While I was enjoying my breakfast, I could hear the lady boss shouted from the cashier and instructed the waiter/waitress. It was rude for me to do that to employees. However I realized later that she was conducting the waiting and seating. The cafe was getting crowded after 11am. An old lady walked into the cafe with her walking stick accompanying by a woman in her 40s. To my astonishment, when the waiter/waitress was trying to lead them to the back, the lady boss said loudly "Don't let old people sit at the back. Let them sit near to the front" and they were then put at the front sharing a table with someone who was going to finish soon. I was not sure if foreigners would understand this when they heard it. I was pretty sure that the lady boss was doing a good deed for the old lady. It was convenient for her to sit near to the entrance without troubling her too much to stumble through the narrow and crowded cafe. :D

It was great having to see this. Throughout these days in Hong Kong, I received a lot of helps from local people. They were very kind. So, it is true about the proverb "Don't judge a book from its cover" and perhaps, "Don't judge a person from its (rude) words".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Time Traveler's Wife~Book Discussion

Thoughts @ ICAAP

用一杯咖啡的时间 (spend some time drinking coffee with me)