South Korea when everyone said it is unsafe to go Now

When the North and South were in so much tension, my family and I were heading there for vacation. We spent one night and a half day on the flight - from LCCT to Seoul Incheon Airport and transited to Jeju International Aiport. It was quite long. We didn't expect the delay of the flight to Jeju.

The first thing we did in Jeju was getting the car which was booked before our departure. It was a great experience driving in Jeju. It challenged my driving skill and safety zone, because it is right-hand traffic in South Korea, which is different from my country. I turned into wrong lane when I just drove the car out from the parking. It was frightening when I saw car (just one) coming towards us (and thank god, the car was moving slow). My sister told me she could see the face of the driver turning green lol... Jeju is an island with beautiful landscapes. It was fantastic to drive along the coastal roads. We saw beautiful flowers, mountains and rocks along the coastal line.

When we came to the center of the Island, we drove along the hill. There were old and tall trees at both sides of the road. The branches grow and reach out to each other, as if they were trying to hug each other. The trees are therefore, named as forest tunnel. It was known for its serene scene during rainy season.

Another exciting experience during the journey was the spring flowers. This is the first time in my life seeing so many 樱花, 油菜花 and 梅花. We couldn't stop taking photos of them. But, we didn't really know how to identify them. Like the one below, I didn't know its name.


It was a wonderful journey and I enjoyed it very much. A great way to bond with my mother and sister. I felt much closer with my mother and sister - by knowing their boundaries and my boundary, we helped each other in the trip. The only shortfall is the cold and freezing temperature (5-15 Celsius). It almost "killed" us :D


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Time Traveler's Wife~Book Discussion

Thoughts @ ICAAP

用一杯咖啡的时间 (spend some time drinking coffee with me)