ask me: why do you work so hard?

My friend again, posted this question to me. Friends who know me, (my colleagues who work with me) why am I so hardworking? Yes, I admit, I work very hard and always focus on the work that I do. (I'm not sure whether I make them feel stress?)

I asked myself, the same question. Why do I work so hard? Why do I focus so much on my job?

Looking back to the time when I was a tuition teacher. I felt lost all the time. I asked myself at the time: Do I want to be a tuition teacher for the rest of life? With my stamina, I can actually do a lot for the society to make changes.

I can choose not to put things on myself. I can choose to have a simple and relaxing life. I can let go. But, when I let go, it means one and only one reason - I don't enjoy it anymore.

Th next question that I asked myself: Do I merely love this job? I found that I'm just fine to get any job who allows me to make changes, regardless where and whom I served. Anyway, if this job does not seem interesting and challenging to me, I won't stay for long (despite all the tiny troublesome problems of system, I still see what I can do in the organization and for the community through the organization)

People might say that I have no direction. Yes, I think it is (my colleagues/friends seem to know who they want to serve). I'm still in my way of searching and trying an error. However, the vision of standing at a high peak and overview what is lie ahead of me, keeps me moving.

Next question that I asked: Where I want to go? Currently, I'm on my way discovering how to manage an organization and projects in the most effective way with limited resources and creating impact. Sometimes, I wish I can work on one project - which I can use all my time to make the changes happen. Anyway, due to limited resources, all of us tend to multitasking. I know without working with my allies (my colleagues), I can't achieve my goal. (But, I also know that I can't stop them from growing and moving forward. So, I hope that they remember that they can always volunteer, no matter how busy they are) Maximize our time, please don't let "I don't have time" as a reason to stop you from doing more.)

Okay, I think I have run out from today's topic.

So, I know why I work hard ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Time Traveler's Wife~Book Discussion

Thoughts @ ICAAP

用一杯咖啡的时间 (spend some time drinking coffee with me)