reunion dinner

It has been a tradition for my family to eat reunion lunch at my maternal grandpa's house and then a home-cook dinner by my mum at home.

I decided to do something different this year. On the day before (29th of lunar calendar), as usual, I went to night market with my mother. My mother bought the ingredients for the dishes and I helped carrying them, but, I paid more attention on what, how and why she bought the ingredients. I asked too. Haha trying to learn some life skills from her.

On the reunion day, while my mum cooked, I sneaked into kitchen and asked her permission to let me trying on... Guess what! Cooking Chinese Food!! (Kitchen is my mum's territory. I don't usually step in because my poor skills will earn her "anger" credit :p I make sandwiches and pasta - it is too far easy)
I also communicated with her on how I like to learn cooking :) It works.

It was just amazing that my mum listened and I learned few new dishes (And my two sisters didn't sense the difference). We had a wonderful dinner on that night.

P/s: It's never too late to talk to parents about what we like and dislike. They will always listen and willing to work with us to make it happen.
:)))) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Time Traveler's Wife~Book Discussion

Thoughts @ ICAAP

用一杯咖啡的时间 (spend some time drinking coffee with me)